**Importing Mailboxes, Contact and Distribution Lists via the .CSV import feature**
MAILBOX Batch importation:
Rather than adding mailboxes individually, you may utilize the [Import Mailboxes] button to batch create mailboxes based upon the data parameters required to create and add mailboxes to your Exchange account. The import file is typically a comma delimited (.csv) file but you may utilize other parameters to separate the data fields used to import the data used to create batch mailbox file.
- Log into the Control Panel, and access the Exchange dashboard from the menu bar.
- To batch create mailboxes from an imported data file, click the [Import Mailboxes] button.
- Click the “Download” link and download the .CSV file.
- Open the file and fill out the fields
Alias (Column A): To set an alias typically (First initial.Lastname)
Display Name (Column B): How the personal name is displayed typically (Firstname Lastname)
Login (Column C): The actual login to the EU’s email typically (First.Last@yourdomain.tld)
Password (Column D): Password to be set for the individual account.
Primary Email Address (Column E): The actual email address for the EU typically same as login (First.Last@yourdomain.tld)
Size Limit (Column P): Sets the size of the mailbox – Specified in Kilobytes. For example 25GB mailbox would be (26214400)
Warning Limit (Column Q): Sets the warning limit of the mailbox – Specified in Kilobytes. For example 22.5GB warning limit would be (23552000)
Send Limit (Column R): Sets the size of the send limit of the mailbox – Specified in Kilobytes. For example 24GB warning limit would be (25088000)
MAPI (Column U): Always leave as “ON” – this is so the mailbox is a exchange mailbox
OWA (Column V): Leave this “ON” if you want the users to be able to access their email remotely via Outlook Web Access.
ActiveSync (Column W): Leave this “ON” if you want the users to be able to access their email via their mobile devices.
5. After preparing your batch import file, click the [Browse…] button and select the file to be imported from your PC or network.
- Separator: From the drop-down menu select the delimiter character used to separate data variables in your import file:
- Note the delimiter types shown above: Comma; Semicolon; or Tab.
- Encoding: Select the appropriate encoding:
- Users typically select the Auto-detect default value unless they have a specific need for their encoded data.
- Help | Format Description: Click the View link to display detailed instruction on creating a batch import file.
- Help | Sample CSV file: Click the Download link to download to your PC a sample file that may be viewed to assist in creating your own import file.
7. The import process will show the following screen and will validate the information. At this point it will point out an errors that need to be fixed. Assuming all syntax is correct it will give you the green highlighted title bar and check box. Click the “Finish” button.
7. Now the batch mailbox process starts creating the actual mailboxes in the control panel. Please allow for approximately 5 minutes for each mailbox to create. You can continue to
work in the control panel while this is occurring but keep in mind that the tasks are running and any other changes you submit will have to wait until all the mailboxes have been created.
NOTE: This “Import” feature may be used to batch create Contacts, Distribution Lists, etc.