**How to Create a Resource Mailbox in Control Panel**
Many organizations have the need to create mailboxes that represent resources such as conference rooms, or equipment items such as whiteboards, projectors, and so forth. By creating such resources, users can then book them via the calendaring feature of Exchange in much the same way that they would book fellow attendees, thereby reserving the resource item for their use.
NOTE: Resource mailboxes do not count against your actual mailbox count.
1. Log into the Control Panel, and access the “Exchange” tab from the menu bar.
2. Select the More Services tab.
3. On the More Services tab, select Resource Mailboxes.
The Resource Mailboxes screen displays:
4. Click the [Add New Resource Mailbox] button.
The Add New Resource Mailbox screen displays:
5. Enter an Alias, Display name, E-mail Address, and Size limit in the General section of the screen.
- Select a Resource type: Room or Equipment.
- Room—assigned to a meeting location, such as a conference room, auditorium, or training room.
- Equipment—assigned to a resource that is not location specific, such as a portable computer projector, microphone, or company car.
- Provide resource details in the Resource location and Resource capacity fields, if available..
NOTE: Resource location would apply to a piece of equipment, such as those listed above; Resource capacity refers to the amount of people the room will hold.
8. Click [Submit].
The new resource mailbox displays on the Resource Mailboxes screen:
9. Once the resource mailbox is in “Ready” status you can start using the mailbox.