When starting Outlook you get the following errors:
- Cannot open your default email folders. Information store could not be opened
- Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists.
When trying to display or select a folder:
- Cannot display the folder. File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file C:\Users\username\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.ost.
Outlook 2013 may issue this error when trying to run:
- Microsoft Office cannot verify the license for this product. You should repair the Office program by using Control Panel.
Other errors with Outlook:
- When you right click on a file and choose Send to mail recipient, nothing happens at all.
- You are unable to configure additional Outlook email accounts.
- Outlook Signatures are blank.
- Users cannot create new pst files.
This is caused by running the outlook.exe file in compatibility mode.
- To disable Compatibility mode or confirm its not enabled, find Outlook.exe file and right click, then select Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab in the Properties dialog and uncheck the Compatibility mode box that says “Run this program in Compatibility Mode“.
The dialog should like exactly like the screenshot shown here, with all options unchecked.