**Assigning Send as or Send on Behalf of Permissions in the control panel**
The Mailbox Permissions function is an easy way for Administrators to grant rights to users to open and view emails associated with the mailbox to which they have been assigned. Once the mailbox permissions rights have been defined in this Control Panel, the appropriate mailbox rights settings must be configured in the Outlook client software in order to open and view the mailbox to which the user has rights.
- Log into the Control Panel – https://exchange.megapath.com
The hosted exchange Control Panel’s main dashboard displays:
2. Select the [Mailboxes] shortcut from the Exchange section of the main dashboard.
The Exchange dashboard displays:
3. Select the mailbox in the list for which you wish to adjust the mailbox size by clicking the appropriate [Display name].
The Mailbox Details for the selected mailbox display:
4. Click the Permissions TAB.
5. Click the [Send Permissions] link.
6. Click the [Grant permissions] button.
All services defined in your Exchange account display.
And the resulting screen is:
7. Select the appropriate Send Permission value (Send As, Send on Behalf) for the mailbox(es) to whom you wish to provide access to this mailbox.
- Send As: Allows the mailbox to use the [From…] button in Outlook and select this Display Name from the GAL in order to have email sent in this manner delivered with the Display Name and email reply to address of the organization unit selected.
- Send on Behalf: When defined within Outlook as a “delegate,” allows the mailbox to use the [From…] button in Outlook and select this Display Name from the GAL in order to have email sent with the display of “Send on behalf of X by Y” where Y=mailbox and X=the selected service below.
8. Click the [Submit] button to finalize your selection.
9. Only the type “Mailbox” should be selected from the Type column as only other mailboxes can utilize mailbox access permissions. The selected mailbox’s permissions information is updated to show all mailboxes within your account that have access permissions to this mailbox.
10. You may remove the mailbox permissions by selecting the checkbox in front of the display name and clicking the [Revoke Permissions] button.